Eric A. Peterson
West Palm Beach Florida Office
After founding Peterson Bernard in 1981, Eric Peterson devoted his full-time effort to the practice of insurance defense law. As managing shareholder of the firm’s West Palm Beach office, Mr. Peterson’s primary areas of practice included claims involving contractor/road liability, architect and engineer liability and premises liability with emphasis on liquor liability, negligent security and false arrest. Mr. Peterson’s practice also included medical/dental/real estate broker and agent malpractice defense, as well as employment law. Mr. Peterson handled, as sub-issues to the above, many cases dealing with tractor-trailer accidents, sexual harassment, sexual abuse, as well as libel/slander.
Mr. Peterson and several of his cases have been featured on a number of national television news magazines inclusive of 20-20, Inside Edition, and Direct Television. Mr. Peterson was continually designated as having the prestigious “AV” Martindale-Hubbell award and had been awarded the prestigious AV® Preeminent™ rating by Martindale-Hubbell.
- New York Bar
- Florida Bar
- U.S. District Court, Western District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- B.B.A., Ohio University
- J.D., State University of New York at Buffalo
- Assistant to Majority Leader Earl W. Brydges, New York Senate
- Clerk in the New York Senate
- The Florida Bar
- Palm Beach County Bar Association
- Broward County Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Florida Defense Lawyers Association
- International Association of Defense Counsel
- Board of Directors Ronald McDonald House
- Recommended provider of legal services for Independent Hardware Retail
- Store Owners Association
- Professional Member, National Fire Sprinkler Association
Vazir v. Mobil Oil Co., 713 So. 2d 1120 (Fla. App. 4th Dist. 1998); Press v. Jordan, 670 So. 2d 1016 (Fla. App. 3rd Dist. 1996); Bradford v. Lewis, 596 So. 2d 1139 (Fla. App. 4th Dist. 1992); Flanagan v. Wagner, Nugent, Johnson, Roth, Romano, Eriksen & Kupfer, P.A., 594 So. 2d 776 (Fla. App. 4th Dist 1992); Allstate Ins. Co. v. Executive Car and Truck Leasing, Inc., 494 So. 2d 487 (Fla. App. 4th Dist. 1985); Executive Car & Truck Leasing v. DeSerio, 470 So. 2d 21 (Fla. App. 1985); Douglas v. Winkley Co., 363 So. 2d 849 (Fla. App. 4th Dist. 1978); Czora v. Aherns, 344 N.Y.S. 2d 621 1973).